While the weather in Los Angeles, CA, is often sunny and warm, there are times during the winter when the air is cooler and drier. Many patients are unaware of how important it is to change up their skincare routine during the changing seasons, as the skin has different needs based on the temperature and quality of the air. If you are dealing with cracked, dry, irritated skin during the winter months, it is time to connect with a dermatologist such as Dr. Sherri Peace at Westchester Dermatology to discuss way to keep your skin healthy and clear all year long!
Winter skin care tips from a dermatologist in the Los Angeles, CA community
Below are just a few winter skin care tips from Dr. Sherri Peace of Westchester Dermatology:
- Use a humidifier. A humidifier adds necessary moisture into the air, which can help to prevent your skin from becoming too dry.
- Limit your time in hot water, including showers or baths. Hot water strips away natural oils from your skin, leaving it vulnerable to dryness.
- Use a gentle, non-drying cleanser. Avoid harsh soaps, which can further dry out your skin.
- Apply a moisturizer immediately after bathing. This will help to lock in moisture and prevent your skin from drying out.
- Protect your skin from the wind. Windy days can chap your skin, so be sure to cover up when you go outside.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is critical for healthy skin, so make sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating foods rich in both antioxidants and fatty acids can help to improve the health of your skin.
By following these winter skincare tips, you can keep your skin looking and feeling its best all season long! If you need help in improving your skin, you may want to connect with a dermatologist such as Dr. Sherri Peace to discuss your unique needs and find the products and treatments that will work best for you! Call 310-645-6001 to request an appointment at her office, conveniently located in Los Angeles, CA.