Photofacial technology – also known as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy – is the latest technology to help undo damaging sun exposure and general neglect of your face, neck, hands, and chest over the years. IPL is an ever-growing popular treatment for removing skin conditions and evening out skin texture. This non-invasive skin reconditioning treatment is non-invasive and requires little to no downtime for healing.
Benefits of IPL Photofacial Therapy
IPL photofacial is the latest skin conditioning therapy improving the overall look of skin with little to no recovery downtime.
IPL photofacial therapy technology resolves many annoying skin conditions, including:
- Facial flushing
- Red chests and necks
- Brown spots
- Sun damage
- Enlarged pores
- Spider veins
The goal of IPL Photofacial is to bring out the natural tone, texture, and overall consistency in the problematic skin area, by improving skin texture with collagen stimulation. Results appear gradually over the weeks following your successive treatments. Skin discoloration and flaws are reduced as the body moderately produces new collagen.
IPL Photofacial Procedure
The length of each non-invasive procedure depends on your personal skin damage needs. Treatments are scheduled on a series basis, month to month.
Treatment results are gradually realized after undergoing the following procedure:
- Dark glasses are worn to protect your eyes from light
- A cool gel is applied to the target area(s) of skin damage
- A hand-held device with a smooth surface is directly applied to the skin as it pulses light
- Light is deeply absorbed into the skin
- IPL light is absorbed by red blood cells (hemoglobin) and pigmentation (melanin) in the damaged skin area(s)
- Damaged melanin is broken up and absorbed by the skin, reducing its outward appearance
- Blood flow is stimulated by damaged hemoglobin, allowing for melanin to be absorbed efficiently
An average IPL session is conducted within 20 to 30 minutes, as needed by every person’s individual needs and desires for results.
IPL Photofacial Therapy Renews Your Damaged Skin
IPL Photofacial therapy can help to undo most of the visible damage caused by excessive sun exposure and skincare neglect over the years. Contact us today and we will schedule your IPL consultation with Sherri Peace MD at Westchester Dermatology in Los Angeles.